Welcome to North Star District's Cub Camp 2018!
I want to thank you and your unit if you have already registered online and submitted paperwork for this years North Star District Twilight Camp. I encourage those that still need to turn in the paperwork to finish it up as quickly as you can and submit to Carolyn Lane, Ben Segars or David Beard this Saturday morning. To further facilitate this, I would like to send you a link to a shared Google Drive of this year’s Twilight Camp Documents that will also become available on the District website soon. The documents include paperwork to be used when submitting the registration forms but also include additional guides for leaders and parents to help plan and prepare everyone for this exciting week.
If you have not already done so, please review the following to complete the forms and organize them into groups for the specific participants to facilitate the turn-in this Saturday morning.
Must Be Completed By ALL Attendees
· Complete the online registration for the 2018 North Star Twilight Camp on Circle Ten Camp Master
· 680-001_AB Health Form.pdf – Part A & B Medical Form
Youth Participants (Anyone younger than 18 to 5 years old)
· Copy of Shot Records (or fill in the Immunization fields on the health form)
· 2018 Cub Camp Volunteer.pdf – For youth, 14 years and older, who will be helping as a volunteer or staff
· Copy of Birth Certificate (Tagalongs)
Adult Participants (Anyone 18 years and older)
· Copy of Face-to-Face Youth Protection Training card dated within 2 years of camp start date or online YPT with a completion certificate dated after March 13, 2018
· Copy of the Texas State Sexual Offenders database search results
· Copy of First Aid and CPR/AED certificate (if you have a current and valid certificate) FYI - 50% of adults attending camp should be certified
· 2018 Cub Camp Volunteer.pdf – For all parents (Walking Den Leaders), Den Leaders, volunteers and staff
· 2018 Cub Camp Master Check-Off Sheet.xls – This is an Excel workbook containing 5 worksheets to help facilitate the necessary documentation from above for all participants. Please group the above forms by Youth (1 group for Webelos and 1 for Wolfs/Bears), 1 group for Adults, and another for Tagalongs/Den Chiefs
o Summary Sheet – Autofills based on the information entered on the other worksheets. Once all information is entered, this one needs to be printed and becomes the cover sheet for the grouped documentation that will be turned in.
o Adults – Information for every adult attending Cub Scout Twilight Camp
o Scouts – Information for every Wolf or Bear Cub Scout attending
o Webelos – Information for every Webelos attending
o Tags, Den Chiefs – Information for every Tagalong and/or Den Chief that will be attending
Any time before camp - Every adult must complete youth protection training. The new online YPT training is now acceptable to the state of Texas. (Can I hear some applause please?)
Saturday, June 2, 9:00 AM - Every adult attending Twilight Camp that didn’t attend the Cub Camp Parents Training last Thursday must attend this one @ The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 4000 Nazarene Dr, Carrollton, TX 75010
Tuesday, May 29, 7:00 PM – Adult and Pediatric First Aid @ Holy Covenant United Methodist Church at 1901 E Peters Colony Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007 (more information at www.northstarbsa.org)
Saturday, June 16, 10:00 AM – **REQUIRED** Staff Training for everyone that will volunteer or staff this year @ Farmers Branch Historical Park, Farmers Branch, TX
Saturday, June 16, 10:00 AM - Tent setup for the Dens/Units attending camp @ Farmers Branch Historical Park, Farmers Branch, TX
We are working on additional CPR/AED training days so please check the North Star District website for any updates.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the trainings and at Twilight Camp where we are going to explore some interesting parts of the world as we look for adventure.
Cub Scout Day Camp Director
North Star District, Circle 10 Council